Nordcurrent has announced the release of its iOS arcade space game, Sputnik. Named for the first-ever manned spaceship, players have the opportunity to guide Sputnik to the depths of outer space while using tilt controls to avoid meteors, comets and more.
Sputnik is an arcade game, where player guides a spaceship through asteroids and UFOs by tilting his device. Player needs to get as far into outer space as possible, past Mars, Saturn - all the way out of the Milky Way. Player will travel through gravitational fields, black holes, distorted space-time continuum and other tricky places in the galaxy, but he should always remember that the controls remain the same - just tilt left or right!
Sputnik is 99¢ on iTunes.
Chillingo has announced the second game released by Spanish wunderkind, Manuel Martinez-Almeida. Called Infinity Field, the game is a dual-stick space shooter with a simple premise: Kill as many enemies as possible.
INCREDIBLE GRAPHICS: The darkness of space never looked so bright, vibrant and colourful enemies of all shapes and sizes fill the screen and explode in a hail of bullets in glorious HD as you blast your way to a new high score!
AWESOME WEAPONS AND ENEMIES: Collect power-ups as you zip around the field turning your regular cannon into a myriad of ultra powerful weapons. Fire bullets in every direction, watch them ricochet off the walls and into your foes. Use lasers, bombs and special weapons to destroy the incoming craft!
MULTIPLE GAME MODES: There are six survival modes including – Zombie, Snake and Insane mode. Infinity Field also features a full campaign mode with hugely challenging bosses, as well as a fun, competitive multiplayer option.
Infinity Field is $1.99 on iTunes.
With the recent addition of Sansha 'incursions' to EVE Online, activity in certain sectors of the game has increased dramatically. As a result, devs have been tracking issues reported by players and have deployed a patch to address several important concerns.
- Based on your feedback, we’ve cut the system control regain in half. That means Sanshas will regain control much slower than before. This is a first tweak of this value, and we’ll be monitoring the Incursions over the weekend to see if this was too much/too little.
- The journal, specifically the global report, was not updating properly. We’ve put in a fix that should make it update accurately.
- One of the things we found out initially was that sites were being kept “alive” for a long time after they were completed. The number of players in each system meant that you’d always have traffic going into sites, which means they didn’t de-spawn. Hopefully we’ve dealt with that problem by removing the beacon from overview when a site is completed. This should decrease the traffic going into completed sites. This, combined with optimization of the sites should mean the re-spawning of content is quicker and more graceful.
In addition, developers have started a feedback thread with several targeted questions with regard to future tweaks and improvements to incursion play.
Read more here.
BulkyPix has announced that Hysteria Project 2 has been officially released to iTunes. The horror adventure game takes up where the first one left off, with players floored by mystery and hysteria.
The game continues where the first episode ended, in the grips of hysteria and mystery that you, the hero of the game must uncover or ... die. You wake on a hospital bed hazy, not remembering much of what happened to you. As you come to, you are amazed to discover that you have a tattoo on your arm, a tattoo you don't remember getting. The clash of metal stirs you from your thoughts, you hear footsteps and they are getting stronger, louder, faster. You make out a silhouette in the distance... HE is back...
AppMania Company has annouced that Iron Wars, its new 3D game for Mac OS X is available in the Mac App Store. Iron Wars is an exciting battle between iron balls in real time. Devs opine that it measures up to other action games in dynamics, speed, excitement in a breathtaking atmosphere. The battle of the balls takes place in unexpected areas including space platforms, abandoned mines, forests, and cemeteries with vaults.
* 32-level campaign
* Network game via Wi-Fi with up to 6 players per map (Internet mode in the nearest updates)
* Possibility to play with other iPad/iPhone and Mac OS X owners
* Customized game with bots
* 9 different maps in 5 settings
* Dynamic sounds
* Three different game modes (Death Match, Team Death Match, Domination)
* Vast variety of weapons and special bonuses on the maps
* Score table developed on the direct sharing basis to show just your own and your friends' results
Iron Wars is $2.99 on iTunes.
Incursion, the EVE Online expansion, recently launched in its full glory with the final content deployment. The Sansha and some major game play improvements have finally arrived. Our sister site, MMORPG.com, has an interview conducted by Garrett Fuller. He recently had the opportunity to chat with several members of the CCP team to talk all things Incursion. Check it out and then leave us your thoughts in the comments below.
For Incursion, what was the biggest challenge for the design team?
CCP Soundwave: Rewards. Definitely rewards. Designing open world PVE across different security bands and rulesets is incredibly difficult. Imagine one of those boxes you had as a kid; It has x number of holes in different shapes, and x number of shapes that fit those holes. Designing the reward system for Incursions was pretty much like having to fit a square through all the different holes. On the positive side, it gave us a unique opportunity to experiment with a reward system that no one else has tried before. A close second was designing PVE content on a massive scale compared to anything we’ve done before. A lot of firsts for the design team in this expansion!
Read more of Garrett Fuller's EVE Online: Incursion Interview.
Game developer, Zed, has announced the development of Monty Python Cow Tossing for iOS devices. The game has yet to be released but the team has released a new game play video to show off the cow tossing in action. If we can have Angry Birds, why NOT Monty Python's Cow Tossing?
Paragon Studios has announced that the annual Spring Fling event will begin on February 10th and run through March 6th. Players can group together to complete several event-specific quests that will yield costume pieces, badges, and temporary powers. Also, don't forget this weekend's double XP event to gain a few levels prior to the Spring Fling.
That's right, with winter wrapping up it's time for our annual Spring Fling celebration! This is the season of love, and that means heroes and villains will need to embrace those fuzzy feelings and work together. Co-op teams missions will have players venturing to the Well of the Furies, retrieve Aphrodite's girdle, and stopping a dimension-hopping goblin. And as a reward for your deeds, there are various costume pieces to unlock, badges to earn, and temporary powers to be bestowed!
Read more here.
iFree has announced the release of its iOS MMOG title called Emross War. The goal of Emross War is for players to build an empire, team up with others and defend the unified realms together from the invading hordes of other players hoping to topple the king(s).
That is why iFree studio is proud to announce the launch of their new Massive Multiplayer iPhone app, Emross War. This action packed game will have you taking on the role of a young lord who's caught in the middle of a hostile invasion by the forces of chaos. Players will have thousands of hours of fun managing their burgeoning empire, and teaming up with their friends to become the top dog in all of Emross. Players will be able to choose from three different races, and research all the various methods of mayhem in each race's arsenal. Emross War has been designed to encourage alliances between friends, and has a detailed chat system as well as an active online community. The best part is the constant free updates that will always keep you running off on a new quest, or researching a secret weapon that will finally tip the scales of war in your favor.
Emross War is set to appeal to the millions of gamers out there who are looking for a fun in-depth game which can be played anywhere, and will stay interesting for years to come. iFree Studio is a studio run by gamers, for gamers and that might be the best reason of all to go experience the land of Emross.
GameLion has announced that its iOS puzzler, Doodle Fit, has been downloaded over two million times across its iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad versions. To celebrate this monstrous milestone, Doodle Fit will be offered to players free of charge for a short time.
- Absolute addictive game play - everyone playing this game will confirm: it's one of the most addictive puzzle games on the App Store
- Unique level shapes - Over 100 levels with different unique shapes and sometimes more than one solution ensure lots of fun and replayability
- Doodle Graphics - Great looking doodle-style graphics with two themes: notebook and chalkboard
- Runs on all devices - Doodle Fit is a universal application. Buy it once, and play on all your devices
- Graphics Tailored to each device - With graphics optimized for every device you will always get the sharpest visual experience possible, no matter on which device you play. Including Retina HD display support
- Controls Tailored to each device - Utilizing iPad's large screen, you can not only drag your blocks into the shape, but also simply "draw" them
Grab Doodle Fit for free while you can!